BEFORE THE STORM:
- Stock up on essential items, non-perishable foods, gasoline, water, batteries, flashlights and generators.
- Secure and tie down all outside furniture.
- Remove any outside debris that may become a hazard.
- Prior to the storm take pictures/video of the exterior and interior of the property for potential insurance claims.
- Never use a generator inside your home, garage, or any enclosed area deadly levels of carbon monoxide can build up and remain long after the generator is shut off.
AFTER THE STORM:
- Take pictures/videos of the damage.
- Report any damage to your insurance carrier right away.
- Take all necessary steps to prevent further damage to your property. This does not mean that repairs/replacements need to occur, only that they should to prevent further damage.
- If you have roof damage, cover the roof with a tarp to prevent further damage to the roof and the interior of the property.
- Make sure to save all receipts for any expenses incurred from repairs/replacements.
Any questions/concerns, call The Farber Law Firm at 305-774-0134.
RELATED AND HELPFUL TOPICS:
- Insurance Rates Are Up, But Hurricanes Are Down – What’s Going On?
- Windstorm and Hurricane Claims
- Residential Property Damage